Adroit Global Network Discussion Forum
Welcome to Adroit Global Network Forum.
Please Register to Post Your Opinion and Reply

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you help women to build up self confidence ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Joyce Loh

Administrator
Administrator
How do you help women to have self confidence ?

Last edited by Joyce Loh on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Eeliang_87

Let them hold an important position. Organize an event or activity involving men and women as committees.

View user profile

Gabriel

Confidence = the quality of being certain of your abilities or of having trust in people, plans, or the future.

other then that , also need a lots of support / cares from friends and family.

View user profile http://adroitforums.getgoo.net

Felicia

In my opinion, for a certain women to build their own self confidence was not an easy job. They need support from their family and friends which can encourage them to be more confidence.

Even in their workplace, their colleagues and boss also play roles in helping them to building up their self confidence.

In a simple words, women needs encourage and support to build their self confidence.

View user profile

Stahn

"if you don't believe in yourself, who else will?"
It is important not to be overshadowed by weaknesses. Everyone has must have some strengths and weaknesses.

Self-confidence in women requires focusing on what you're good at, admit your weaknesses, and let yourself be yourself in each situation. Building self-confidence for women requires being honest about who you are.

View user profile

Eeliang_87

Joyce Loh wrote:How to help women to have self confidence ?

1. Recognize the insecurities

2. Talk about it with friends and families

3. Remember that no one is perfect

4. Identify successes

• Be thankful for what you have

• Be Positive

• Look in the mirror and smile

• Fake it

• Stick to your principles

• Help others

• Stop worrying

• Be yourself

View user profile

FLo

Be confident in ourselves. Believe what we can do and do what we want to do!
You have to be confident and always believe that you can do anything and nobody can put you down.

Last edited by FLo on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Katherine Ting

What you think of yourself plays a big role on your self confidence level.
How do you rank your self-esteem?
What is your opinion of yourself?
High self esteem is a good opinion of yourself and low self esteem is a bad opinion of yourself.
How do you see yourself?
What is your self image?
How do you feel about your strengths and weaknesses?
Can you make your own decisions?

People with low self esteem depend a lot on external factors to make them happy. Low self esteem feeds your negative thinking and makes you believe negative comments others make and you start to assume things. ASSUME is ASS+U+ME .... making an ass out of you and me. It affects how you think, act and even how you relate to other people. It affects your potential to be successful because you are likely to give up easily rather than face challenges. This can cause you to lose confidence so it is vital to end negative thoughts if you want to build your self esteem. It has a direct bearing on your happiness and well being.

High self esteem is the opposite of the above! If you have a high level of self esteem you will be confident, happy, highly motivated and have the right attitude to succeed regardless how people put you down.

So WORK on your self esteem if you want to be confident. sunny

View user profile

Katherine Ting

Well, if you think you might have low self-esteem, try talking to someone you trust about it. He or she may be able to help you come up with some good ideas for building your self-esteem.

In the meantime, here are a few things that you can try to increase your self-esteem:

Make a list of the stuff you're good at. It can be anything from drawing or singing to playing a sport or telling a good joke. If you're having trouble with your list, ask someone who knows you well to help you with it. Then add a few things to the list that you'd like to be good at.

Give yourself three compliments every day. Don't just say, "I'm so great." Be specific about something good about yourself, like, "I was a good friend to Mel today" or "I did better on that task than I thought I would." While you're at it, before you go to bed every night, list three things in your day that really made you happy.

Remember that your body is your own, no matter what shape, size, or color it is. If you are worried about your weight or size, you can check with your doctor to make sure that things are OK. Remind yourself of things about your body that are cool, like, "My legs are strong and I can dance really well." Me? I am blessed that I am so skinny and can eat a lot and enjoy making other food lovers drool! Twisted Evil

Remember that there are things about yourself you can't change. You should accept and love these things — such as skin color and shoe size — because they are part of you.

When you hear negative comments in your head, tell yourself to stop. When you do this, you take the power away from the voice inside that discourages you.

By focusing on the good things you do and all your great qualities, you learn to love and accept yourself — the main ingredients for strong self-esteem! Even if you've got room for improvement (and who doesn't?), realizing that you're valuable and important helps your self-esteem to shine.

Razz

Last edited by Katherine Ting on Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

Teck Hock

In my opinion, confidence is an act of confiding. And something like trustful, reliance. To build self confidence, we need to face anything without fear or suspicion. We cant have any doubt when we decide to do something. When we start to doubt, things will automatically not going so smoothly.

View user profile
We are all human and have flaws. Even if your physical appearance, unique personality, or social skills aren't what you wish they were, that doesn't have to stop you from being confident. You are beautiful inside and out so you should love yourself unconditionally. Here's how to believe in yourself. Very Happy

1. Don't compare yourself to others
Don't base your happiness on how you stack up against a neighbor, a colleague or a friend. Learn how to break this self-destructive habits.

2. Stand up for your boundaries
Personal boundaries will make you feel safe and prevent you from feeling upset and hurt. Learn how to break the habit of silence and speak out of your needs and wants in healthy ways. When you begin to set the standard of how you want to be treated your self-esteem and self confidence soar.

3. Don't afraid to make mistake
The most successful people have built a stairway to success with their mistakes. If it's fear, guilt, anger, intimidation, embarrassment you're feeling when it comes to making mistakes, you'll quickly learn how to turn mistakes into your #1 ally.

View user profile

Felicia

Some tips to share:

HEALTH

1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2008.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.

PERSONALITY

11. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

SOCIETY

25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.

LIFE

32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.

View user profile

Joyce Loh

Administrator
Administrator
Felicia, you are fantastic... Just read 1 to 39 and you will be a different person end of Jan 2009. so i expect a new " Felicia" when I see you on 23 Jan 2009

View user profile

Felicia

Joyce, I try to follow those tips in order to improve myself. Very Happy

View user profile
An article to share:

Self image and self belief doesn't happen overnight. It can, but not for most of us. Most of us struggle with who we believe we are and how we seem to the world. Most of us feel unknown in the world, which allows us to believe we are alone. The key to success is finding that better sense of self through believe and achieve.

1) The first step in becoming confident is realizing your core values. Here are 3 questions you can ask yourself that will hopefully shine some light on your core values.

"What is / are the things in life that make me happy?"

"What are the things in life that I am best at?"

"If I was forced to live by one ethic alone, what would it be?"

Your answers to these questions should provide a road map to a confident belief system.

2) Another way to create confidence is to practice saying affirmations to yourself. Because the unconscious mind cannot distinguish between the real world and the mental realm, many of the affirmations will slip past your consciousness into a place where they become real beliefs even if you have never had any success in that particular area. But, it is extremely important to always keep them positive. So if you were to say to yourself "I'm not a loser!" your subconscious mind will still hear "I'm" and "loser." Here is a set of affirmations can be used that helped to become more confident.

I am blessed

I am attractive

I am in control of my life

I know what I want

I know how to get what I want

I am successful

I am loved by others

I love myself

I am capable of anything

I am interesting

Say these over and over again to yourself

3) Surrounding yourself with positive, supportive people is very important in gaining and sustaining confidence. If you surround yourself with people who constantly belittle you and try to take value from you, it can be very difficult to sustain confidence. In terms of creating a stronger social net, find people with common interests and become part of a group/s. Some examples of social groups are work friends, classmates, teammates, club members, etc.

When you believe in yourself you also get to create who you really are, live comfortably in your skin, and be happy with your decisions.
Very Happy

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum